Sunday 15 May 2016

Opulent Thrones & Dragon Tails

A few weeks back I saw a tease of a new mini collection from Opulent Essences inspired by the 3 Dragons from Game of Thrones. I was really excited and even more so when Sharon kindly sent me the collection for swatch and review!


Viserion - A beautiful ivory shimmer with a scattering of golden flakies.

This is so pretty in the bottle, the scattering of gold flakes is just about visible and easily missed. If you don't notice them it's lovely surprise when you start applying the polish to your nails.

You'd be tempted to expect this to a be sheer on application, I know I was. I couldn't have been more wrong. Shown below is 2 very easy coats with topcoat. If you have very long nails or you're not a fan of any visible nail line, you might need 3. It dries really fast to a great shine.


 Rhaegal - A green toned gold shimmer with metallic finish.

I loved the colour of this on the nail, it was gold in some lights and slightly more olive green in tone in dimmer lighting. Either way it was really flattering.

Shown below is 3 coats with topcoat. This was a little more sheer than Viserion, but it dried really quickly, I couldn't see many brush strokes once it has dried which was nice for a metallic finish like this one.
I did notice a little bit of bubbling with this one when I applied topcoat, however this could have been down to many factors, I blame user error!


 

 Drogon - Stunning Red/Pink/Orange Multichrome.

I loved this on! It's such a gorgeous polish with a fantastic soft multichrome effect. It shifts from a pretty rosy pink to a deep flame red and even a rich golden orange at more extreme angles. Very very dragon appropriate!

Shown below is 3 smooth, quick drying coats and topcoat. I'd be tempted to try layering this over red and black to see the different effects. I'm hoping to do another post showing some nail art using these soon, keep checking back for that!


Natural light shot, capturing a little more of the colour shiftyness!
Thanks so much for reading, I'd love to see your comments on what you'd like to see coming up and anything I could do to improve!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swatches! I've been really tempted to pick this set up myself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should! It's gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous swatches hun, really loving Rhaegal against your skin tone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhaegal is so gorgeous. I'll be playing with some layering. It's stunning in the sunlight xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful swatches hun :) great first post x

    ReplyDelete