Thursday 19 May 2016

Pretty Serious Pet Names Pastels!


Oh well hey there Fluffykins! Oh, no wait... Well this is awkward!
  
Pretty Serious Pet Names Pastels! 

In my couple of years of collecting polish, I've never felt the need to buy a whole collection. I mean, how often is there a whole collection of anything you lust after equally? There's always Milkyways left in the Celebrations box right?! So when I caught sight of the teaser pictures of the Pretty Serious Pet Names Pastel Collection, my heart kind of did that thing you see in Tom & Jerry cartoons when they fall in love... Needless to say when they were available over here on Rainbow Connection I did the thing I'd never done and bought every single one! That means one thing... swatchfest!

All swatches were done with no white base and using HK Girl topcoat. They all dried pretty quickly to a shiny finish.

Doodle Bug - Super Bright Pastel Blue

Shown below is 2 exceptionally smooth coats. This had a really lovely formula, those with a careful hand could probably get away with 1 coat, I almost always do 2 as a matter of routine.


Bunny Foo Foo - Soft Minty Green  

This is easily my favourite of the collection, I just love the colour! Shown is 2 coats, beautiful smooth formula and great coverage.


Little Duckling - Flattering Pastel Yellow

Yellow, my foe, the colour that is never ever flattering on me. Until now! This needed 3 coats for the most part, I only used 2 on my pinky, with more careful application I'd only need 2 in the future. I swear I could smell banana milkshake when I was applying this! It screams spring to me. I actually kept this on for a day without basecoat and it wore really well.



Peachie Poo - Lush Sherbet Pastel Orange/Peach

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I wouldn't have bought the collection if I wasn't a little excited about it! This is a lovely neon pastel orange/peach. I needed 2-3 coats, for some reason I think my middle finger prefers 3 coats of these, but I was swatching sans base coat. *Notes to self for the future!* This got ever so slightly lighter once I applied topcoat, but was barely noticeable and still beautiful.


Fluffykins - Stunning Bubblegum Pink  

I love pink, I can't help it. But pink creme polish rarely loves me. I think I can just about get away with this one. That said, I really don't care! It's such a bright, girly colour. Shown below is 2 coats, a slightly thicker 2nd coat was needed, but it still dried quickly. This was another that lightened ever so slightly with topcoat, but barely noticeable.


Cutie Patootie - Super Pretty Lilac.

Last, but absolutely not least, is my second favourite of the collection. This is a really, really pretty lavender/lilac. Really soft and flattering. The formula on this was slightly thinner than the others, but still wonderfully opaque and had great coverage in 2 coats.


You may have noticed I love this collection, and to make things even better, you might also have noticed the accent nails in these swatches I have a watermarbled accent nail. Yes, the collection is perfect for watermarbling. Because it needed even more about it to love?!

It's perfect for Spring/ Summer. Pretty Serious has knocked this out of the park and cemented my love for them massively.

Em x

 


6 comments:

  1. Fab post hun :) I love these polishes can't wait until mine arrive in July when my mum brings my American goodies home. Beautiful swatches and watermarble x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty! You won't be disappointed xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing swatches and I am in love with your accent nail! I can't wait to get my hands on these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca. They're so easy to marble. Can't wait to see your Swatches xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I adore these colours, and was for me the second whole collection I bought in 3 years! PS is rapidly becoming a brand I really love! :) I love the water marble! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Timea. They've easily tempted me away from holos which is quite the task! Thank you lovely xxx

      Delete